Monday, June 2, 2014

Who Am I?


I am a freshman girl that goes to Yarmouth High School. I am a three sport athlete. This winter I played three sports including volleyball, hockey, and softball. I am interested in sports and hope to have an awesome high school career. Right now my favorite sport is softball. I play it year round and have tons of fun with my travel team. We practice throughout the winter and play tournaments in the spring, summer, and fall. We have so much fun as a team considering it has been the same core group of girls for three years. With different team mates you have different bonds. That is exactly what it is like on my team. They are all my sisters and we learn to appreciate each other for their strengths not their weaknesses. My goal for my team this summer is to win a tournament. We are a team that wins a lot of games but can't hold it together to win that championship. My team supports each other on and off the field. We are from all over southern Maine so it is hard to get together. We do so much bonding when we are together we have never had a fight in all three years we have played. Although I am not the top player at Yarmouth right now, in the summer I compete with many different amazing athletes that only help me improve as a player. To my team, if you have one bad game that does not mean you are a bad player. It means pick yourself back up and play the next game like it is your last, because you never know, it could be. When I step onto the field everything that has happened that day is erased. The only thing that matters to me is being there for my team mates and doing what ever I can to help us win. It is a real team effort. You win as a team and lose as a team. It is not one player that makes a difference. We all take the responsibility as a team and use the game to improve ourselves. Softball is an important part of my life and I hope to keep it that way for as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment